Lawyer Complaint Form

NOTE: Submit this form if you have concerns about a lawyer's conduct. Your inquiry might result in discipline to the lawyer. If you are seeking other remedies against the lawyer, you may need to seek legal advice from a lawyer in private practice. Also, the bar may require your further involvement in an investigation of your complaint by asking you to be interviewed by a bar investigator and/or to participate at a hearing.
Fields denoted by * are required.
Your Name:
* First:
* Last:
Your Address:
* Street:
* City:
* State:
Zip Code:
Email address:
Daytime Telephone No.: (please enter numeric digits only for phone numbers)
Other Telephone No. (and times you can be reached):
  Number: Times:  
Lawyer's Name:
* First:
* Last:
Lawyer's Address:
Firm Name, if known:
Phone Number:
* City:
* State:
Zip Code:
Lawyer's Actions Complained of (limited to 4800 characters):
List the Names, Addesses and Phone Numbers of persons
who might be able to give additional information about your inquiry:
Name: Address: Phone Number:  
Please answer the following questions:
* 1. Have you or a member of your family contacted us about this lawyer before?  
If yes, please state when you made the inquiry and the outcome of that inquiry (limited to 160 characters):

* 2. Have you filed a complaint or legal action about this matter anywhere else? (limited to 120 characters)
If yes, state where and the outcome:

* 3. Describe your relationship to the lawyer who is the subject of your Inquiry by choosing from the following:

If Other, please explain (limited to 66 characters):

* 4. What is the nature of your legal case? When was the lawyer employed or appointed to represent you? How much money, if any, was the lawyer paid to represent you? (limited to 100 characters)

* 5. Is your concern only that you think the lawyer charged you too much?
If yes, you should contact the bar at (804) 775-9423 for information on fee dispute resolution.

* 6. Have you read “How to File a Misconduct Inquiry About a Lawyer” located under the Public Resources tab?
Electronic Signature:
By checking this box I certify that all information on this form is true and correct. I understand that the content of my Inquiry can be disclosed to the lawyer. I also agree that the checkbox and my name typed below are to be used as my electronic signature.
* Signature:
* Date (mm/dd/yyyy):
To ensure that you receive our reply email, please add to your address book or safe list.

Additional information and documents must be mailed to:
Virginia State Bar
Intake Office
1111 East Main Street, Suite 700
Richmond, VA 23219-0026